Barbeque Sauces for Pork, Beef, and Poultry
Lots of great sauces out there. Barbeque sauces are what the majority of people identify as the key to good barbeque.
Many others will argue that the smoked barbeque itself is the most important part. I agree with both positions because you can’t have one without the other in my opinion.
Barbeque sauces enhance the flavor of great barbeque. It’s also fun to taste the differences in the sauces and measure how each complements the flavor of the barbeque.
We organized the sauces by the dominant flavor base, i.e.. Tomato, Vinegar, Mustard, and others.
We’ve listed several that are very good but we encourage you to experiment and to develop your own….these are some of our favorites:
Brad’s Barbeque Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of ketchup
- 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 Teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of Tabasco hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons black pepper
- Combine everything in a sauce pan but hold the brown sugar.
- Heat slowly and add the brown sugar.
- Let cool and store in a glass container.
More Great Barbeque Sauces
For a variety of more great barbeque sauces check out the recipes at the Original BBQ Recipes site.